We know salads can be boring, but with this recipe we prove otherwise. For your next lunchtime pick-me-up, try out our mouthwatering Chargrilled Salad with Bacon, Eggs and LivLife Croutons.
3 large eggs
3 rashers streaky bacon (approx. 50 g)
3 slices LivLife bread, cut into small squares
3 little gem lettuces, halved lengthways
2 tbsp olive oil
a small bunch chives, chopped
For the dressing:
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp crème fraiche
½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Use a drawing pin to pierce the end of each egg. Lower them gently into a saucepan of simmering water and cook for 6 minutes, then refresh under cold running water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay the bacon in a single layer in a cold frying pan, then set over a high heat. Cook until nicely browned on both sides. Transfer the bacon to a plate and add the bread squares to the pan. Fry in the bacon fat until crisp, adding a splash of olive oil if needed. Snip the bacon into small pieces with scissors.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Brush the cut side of the lettuces with oil and season with salt and pepper. Griddle for 2 minutes or until nicely charred in places, then brush the backs with oil, turn over and griddle for 1 minute.
- Stir the mayonnaise, crème fraiche and mustard together, adding a splash of water if needed to make a pouring consistency.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and drizzle over the dressing. Peel the eggs and cut them into wedges, then arrange on top. Scatter over the croutons, bacon and chives, then serve straight away.
|Nutritional value PER PORTION|