This combination is always a winner when it comes to a mouth-watering, tasty brunch. Crisp bacon, oozing eggs, silky avocado on top of slices of nutrient-packed crunchy Livlife bread toast, what more could you want? Give this recipe a try for a delicious weekend brunch, or perhaps a low carb lunch when working from home?
3 medium tomatoes, halved horizontally
1 tbsp olive oil
4 large eggs
200 g dry-cured streaky bacon (approx. 10 rashers)
1 ripe avocado, halved and stoned
1 tsp Worcester sauce
2 slices LivLife bread
½ tsp Aleppo chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150 fan) / gas 3. Arrange the tomatoes cut side up in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 1 hour or until soft and sweet.
- Use a drawing pin to pierce the end of each egg. Lower them gently into a saucepan of simmering water and cook for 6 minutes, then refresh under cold running water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay the bacon in a single layer in a cold frying pan, then set over a high heat. Cook until nicely browned on both sides.
- Scoop the avocado into a bowl and mash with the Worcester sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and spread with avocado. Top with bacon, eggs and tomatoes and finish with a sprinkle of chilli flakes. Enjoy immediately!
Tip: Try making a big batch of roast tomatoes and store in the fridge for next time.